Saturday, June 14, 2008

Home

Kevin made it home safe and sound yesterday. Watching the smiles on the kid's faces has to be my favorite part. When Kevin got off the bus can came around the corner both the girls took off running while yelling "DADDY!" They both jumped up into his arms and give him big hugs and kisses.

I was telling someone the other day that in some aspects the shorter separations are harder then the long ones. For me it takes just about two weeks to get in the swing of being the only parent in the house. Getting used to doing all the wonderful things my husband does on a regular basis, like taking the trash out, doing laundry, or mowing the lawn. You know the rhythm of how your family works on a daily basis. I was just getting used to doing all those things and it is was time for Kevin to come home. Don't get me wrong I would much rather have Kevin home!

So now that Kevin is back we will have to find our rhythm all over again. For us it usually is not that hard to do, most of it is on my part, giving up some of the control. The shorter separations are much easier to get back into the swing of our lives then the longer for sure.

No comments:

Contributors