Saturday, June 21, 2014

Life Leading to Post Retirement

I suppose when one has a blog, it is generally a good idea to occasionally write something in it. It's been a busy year, so far. I found out in January that I was eligible for early retirement from the Air Force. Given the climate in the military these days, I jumped on it. I finally got approved at the end of March and had my retirement ceremony on the 12th of May. In the time between (which there wasn't much of), we managed to sell the house in Fisher, MN, get Liz transferred from the Shopko in East Grand Forks to the Shopko in Eau Claire, WI and get me enrolled in the trucking program at Chippewa Valley Technical College. We are currently homeless, living with my parents. We were attempting to buy a house, but it fell through for various and sundry reasons. We are convinced that there was a reason for it and are moving on. The plan now is to rent for a year or two, pay down some debt and give buying another chance down the road. I have three weeks of a ten week trucking program down and I am hoping to slide right into a job. We should start seeing recruiters come in at any point now in the program. I think that pretty much catches us up for the year's whirlwind of activity.

No comments:

Contributors