Monday, June 2, 2008

The Trip

Wow, what a trip! As some of us were reflecting, it dawned on me that it in many ways resembled an episode of The Amazing Race! We (two teams totaling 26 people) left Sacramento in three different shifts. My leg was the most direct into Philadelphia with one layover in Phoenix. The other two legs had a layover in Phoenix and then backtracked to Las Vegas and then continued to Philadelphia. In all that, the first leg was split again in Las Vegas and we ended up with four teams arriving early this morning in Philadelphia. My team left Sacramento second and ended up in Philadelphia first. We rubbed elbows with two other teams as we arranged transportation to Ft. Dix, New Jersey. In the end, my team arrived at the final destination first. Anyone want to give it a try on TV? Never mind, I don't think I would want to do that! Needless to say, we all arrived upright and for the most part in one piece. Some of us were tired to the point of walking in circles, talking to telephone poles and drooling on ourselves, but lunch and a nap fixed that and we are getting settled in. I looked at the syllabus for tomorrow and a good night's sleep will be required as it would appear that tomorrow mainly consists of "Death by Powerpoint"! With that said, I am going to go and shower and get things ready for tomorrow and get in bed at a decent time.

No comments:

Contributors