Sunday, June 8, 2008

A long day

It's day two of absolutely nothing to do and thankfully it is about over. It was hotter than blazes at 96 degrees and humidity you could see. Tomorrow promises to be more of the same, the weather report says 98 with continued humidity. I got up early and went to chow and came back to the room and took a nap, the young bucks didn't even start stirring until around noon! I got up the second time way before them and went to do my morning hygiene routine. This is where one of my great pet peeves comes in. I get absolutely frustrated when guys think it is funny to drop a huge steamer and not flush the toilet! All three stalls had this phenomenon this morning, so I walked in and was confronted with the Loch Ness Monster staring at me. Needless to say, my morning was ruined! After all that, we took a little trip to the BX to replenish the water supply and get some lunch. The afternoon and this evening has been spent indoors in the air conditioning as much as possible. The heat and humidity are draining, the next couple of days of training should be a real gas. That's about it for today, all in all it was pretty uneventful and we are all behaving like a bunch of stir crazy monkeys ready to get back to training!

No comments:

Contributors