Saturday, November 22, 2008

First day's of Vacation

We are in MI safe and sound. We got to my parents late, late Wed. night. Our flights could have been worse. We flew from Sacramento to Chicago, about 4hrs. It was full to the gills! So needless to say I had to hold Josiah, which I knew was a possibility as I did not spend the money to buy him a seat. Kira got to sit by the window and Cassie sat in the middle. The girls did great, I had bought them new coloring books, colored pencils and each a new travel game. Josiah was also very good, he played peek-a-boo with everyone women on the plane, he is such a flirt! He did take a little nap and of course they all ate just about all the snacks I had packed for them! Once in Chicago we had about 20min before we boarded our next flight. We found a little supper and check in at our gate. I was very pleased to find out that there would be plenty of room for Josiah to have a seat! So for our last flight, which was only about 1hr gate to gate, Josiah sat by the window I was in the middle and then Kira. Cassie was queen of her row, she got to sit all by herself! She was loving it! Over all it was great, my kids are such good travelers.

It is much colder here in MI, but I am not minding it. The kids are also doing great with it. We have been out for a walk every morning, down to the bakery for bread & coffee, the book store for a new book, the deli for lunches, or just to Auntie Amy's store. The kids have spent time with their cousin and me with my sibling.

I am enjoying just relaxing and having a few extra hands to hold, wipe noises, feed hungry mouths, or whatever! I am sure there will be more to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Liz -- Evie here -- we're here in WI as of Sunday. Enjoyed the snow this a.m. - don't get to see it much. Wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving. Hoping some day to be able to visit your sister's store in GR -- maybe in May for our daughter-in-laws graduation from seminary. Glad you all traveled well! XO Evie

Contributors